Are you right for our Move On Up project?
We want to be as flexible as possible, so if you have any questions about the eligibility requirements please contact us.
You need to be in the following situation:
- Between the age of 18-25 at the start date of residency
- Currently care or previously have cared for someone
- Are eligible for housing benefit, the Universal Credit housing component, or able to meet costs through existing stable employment
- At a point where your current living situation isn’t working for you, is difficult or under threat
- Able to live in a shared flat with others
You need to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Want to live independently and ready to accept your responsibilities under a tenancy agreement
- Are interested and keen to live in shared housing with other young adults like yourself
- Understand the key aspects of being a good flatmate, and want to contribute to a positive and co-operative household
- Are willing to sign up for a maximum tenancy of 2 years and to receive support from Move On Up to make a positive move on from the project
- Are committed to, and enthusiastic about, engaging with the support offer during your residency