Are you looking to contribute to a small, influential organisation that will make the most of your time, energy and skills? We are looking for a financial professional to join the QSA team of trustees as treasurer, ideally someone who has experience of the management of small charities.
Our current treasurer, Loveday Shewell, comes to the end of their third and final term as a trustee in September 2024. We are looking to bring in a new trustee to fill this role as we expand our influencing and advocacy work, and continue providing services and support to the most vulnerable so that they can seek solutions to the issues affecting their lives.
We are looking for someone who is:
1. Willing to take on this responsibility and committed to learning more about charity governance, alongside other trustees
2. Aware of the time commitment needed to be a trustee and committed to taking this responsibility seriously, for an initial term of three years
3. Passionate about the aims of QSA and keen to contribute to our work
4. Empathic and understanding of the issues affecting people living in poverty, and keen to learn more.
In addition, for our treasurer we are looking for someone who:
5. Has a strong working knowledge of financial management of smaller organisations, and if this is not specifically charity finance, be willing to learn more
6. Can explain financial information for others who have less financial expertise
7. Will convene (or co-convene) the finance & fundraising committee on a quarterly basis
We hope you will consider applying for this voluntary role. Please see the full information pack below. For queries and to apply, please contact QSA's director, Judith Moran at firstname.lastname@example.org.