Help your clients successfully apply for the Social Fund Funeral Expenses Payment to help them pay for a funeral.
For workers in advice, benefits rights, social work and the funeral industry.
2½ hour workshop - £40
"Perfectly balanced, the right amount of content and fantastically taught."
Su Chard - Funeral Arranger and Celebrant - LW Clutterbucks
The Social Fund Funeral Expenses Payment is a benefit that causes much confusion. Only 61% of applications processed in 2016-17 resulted in an award.
At Down to Earth we have supported hundreds of clients to successfully apply for this help toward a funeral. This workshop takes you through the nuts and bolts and common misconceptions about this benefit, so you can understand who stands a chance of receiving the payment.
What you’ll learn:
- Social Fund Funeral Payment eligibility criteria
- Common mistakes
- How the payment is calculated
- Estrangement rules
- What can be deducted from the award and what can’t
What your clients will gain:
- Peace of mind that their claim will be considered
- Assistance toward a funeral
- Reduced worries about the cost of the funeral
Our training is developed from frontline, real-world experience. Find out more about our impact and expertise.