Are you looking to contribute to a small, influential organisation that will make the most of your time, energy and skills?
With 7% of the UK population living in deep poverty, with income at least 50% below the poverty line*, there is an urgent need for the work of organisations like QSA.
This year we hope to recruit three new Quaker trustees to the QSA board.
This is an exciting and important time to help steward a voluntary sector organisation. QSA is an innovative charity that has been Quaker-led for more than 150 years. It boasts a rare combination: responsive, practical frontline support via innovative and unique projects; coupled with ambitious advocacy at national level, ensuring that the root causes of poverty are surfaced and challenged head-on.
"I appreciate the opportunity to make this part of my life AND speak my Quaker values. QSA really is Quakerism in action.”
Loveday Shewell, QSA trustee
What are we looking for with our new trustees?
QSA is a Quaker organisation. Here, Quaker trustees are stewards of the spirit that has been alive in QSA for the past 150 years and have a particular responsibility to carry this forward in our governance.
The qualities we seek in all of our trustees are:
- Passionate about the aims of QSA and keen to contribute to our work
- Have a strong understanding of issues affecting people living in poverty
- Understand the role of a trustee; to lead the organisation, to support and stretch staff, to unite on its strategy, to steward the assets and to look after its future
- Willing and able to take on trustee and company director responsibilities for an initial three year term
Timetable and details on how to apply
- We need to receive your application by 10am on Thursday 29 April 2021
- Online interviews will be held on Tuesday 11 May 2021