Course assistant volunteers support our fun and dynamic Bags of Taste team.
Bags of Taste is focused on showing people how to cook tasty and nutritious meals for under £1 a portion.
Volunteers are central to the running of our sessions. It's a fantastic opportunity to join a small team, support the sessions and ensure that everyone goes away feeling more confident in their cooking.
We're looking for friendly and encouraging individuals, who enjoy their cooking and would like to get involved in an exciting new project for Tower Hamlets.
Learn more about the project here.
What to expect
Helping with the prepping and bagging of items the day before the course
Assisting the project managers on the day of the course with final preparations
Setting up the course venue, signing students in, and coordinating the cooking session with a small group of students
What we're looking for
- Friendly, self-motivated people with good attention to detail
- Good basic cooking skills and able to talk in front of a group
- Confident with good communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
We require volunteers to be available on the following days:
- Course dates 1 (7th & 14th August, 21st & 28th August: 10.00am – 2.00pm)
- Course dates 2 (18th & 25th September, 1st & 8th October: 10.00am – 2.00pm)
- Course dates 3 (6th & 13th November, 20th & 27th November: 10.00am – 2.00pm)
You don't need to be available for all the dates. Please let us know your availability.
QSA pays reasonable travel costs from your home to our offices.