Bags of Taste is a highly successful national programme which has been completed by over 2,500 people across 11 locations in the UK.
It enables participants to save an average of £1,400 per year whilst improving their diet.
We are keen to work with organisations in Tower Hamlets to run our four-week courses, packed with delicious, simple recipes that cost less than £1 per portion. Classes are supported by a team of volunteers, who help create a fun and relaxed atmosphere enabling people to pick up the skills and knowledge forward.
What Bags of Taste offers
- Improving food skills and confidence to cook more at home
- Local knowledge of where to pick up ingredients affordably
- Free lunch
- Fun and friendly atmosphere
What we need from you
- A large space with room for up to 20-25 people (no kitchen required)
- 5 long (6ft) tables to cook on and access to at least 5 plug points
- Access to running water
- Ability to recruit 15 students and 2 volunteers
What we provide
- Food and cooking equipment
- Up to 4 volunteers and course leader
- Marketing and promotion materials
Interest? Get in touch!