Gain skills and knowledge to better support your clients in this practical and interactive workshop.
For those with experience of discussing bereavement, this practical workshop enables you to better support your clients to avoid the debt and distress of high funeral costs.
One day course
Is this for you?
This workshop is for anyone whose work regularly brings them into contact with clients who have life-limiting or life-threatening conditions, or who have experienced a bereavement.
Who are the trainers?
Down to Earth runs a free helpline that is the only UK-wide practical support service for people struggling with funeral costs.
National Bereavement Service provides a free telephone helpline to families seeking practical support and guidance after losing a loved one.
What you’ll get out of it:
- Knowledge of the range of funeral options and the cost implications;
- Ways to help your clients save money when planning a funeral;
- Awareness of options for raising money to help pay for a funeral;
- Understanding of the eligibility criteria for key state benefits and payments;
- Additional resources to support clients in funeral planning.
- Awareness of the different legal aspects connected to bereavement;
- Understanding of the role of an Executor in dealing with an estate;
- How to source good legal representation and when it might be needed;
- Knowledge of counselling and/or emotional support options.
What your clients will gain:
- Improved support and confidence to explore funeral options that align their wishes, needs and budget;
- Knowledge and awareness to reduce the risk of debt from funeral costs;
- More options to explore when raising money to help pay for a funeral;
- Greater knowledge and awareness of where to get free practical/legal help and emotional counselling/support;
- A clear understanding of the importance of a will and Executor responsibilities;
- Clarity around probate - what it is, when it is required and the options available.
What is covered:
- Elements of a funeral bill;
- Practical ways to reduce the cost of a funeral;
- Raising money for funeral costs;
- Statutory bereavement benefits and payments;
- Accessing non-statutory funding;
- Wills – importance of having one and where to get one;
- Probate – when is it necessary; DIY vs Solicitor; difficult family dynamics;
- The role of the Executor in dealing with an estate;
- Tips on finding good legal representation;
- Sources of counselling and/or emotional support.
Booking and payment options
We set our pricing structure is based on your organisation's ability to pay:
Non-profit organisations with annual income under £500,000 - £120
Non-profit organisations with annual income over £500,000, and public sector - £180
For-profit businesses - £240
Our training is developed from frontline, real-world experience. Find out more about our impact and expertise.