We're looking a volunteer to help out on our Homestore vans on an occasional basis.
For over 30 years Homestore has provided good quality, affordable, re-use furniture to families - helping them to make a home while avoiding unecessary debt.
We're looking for someone with experience of van driving to provide occasional support to our delivery and collection team.
What you'll need
- Experience of driving 3.5 tonne vehicles
- A working knowledge of relevant health and safety requirements
- A good working knowledge of spoken and written english
- Geographical knowledge of east London
- Reliability and able to be on time
- Co-operative with other staff and volunteers, and have a positive outlook;
A typical day might include:
- Dropping off furniture at customer homes
- Collecting furniture from donor’s homes and delivering it back to the showroom;
- Communicating with customers to advise them of their delivery and collection times.
To comply with our insurance, we can only accept applicants who have:
- A full driving license
- Are over 25 years of age
If you have any "fault claims" in the last 3 years; any driving convictions; or if you have a medical condition that affects your driving; or are currently taking medication, you will need to let us know.
Occasional cover for our driver.
QSA pays reasonable travel costs from your home to Homestore, and up to £6 for lunch per full day.
Please get in touch with email@example.com