The sales and administration assistant (voluntary) supports Homestore to deliver excellent service to our customers.
For over 25 years Homestore has provided good quality, affordable, re-use furniture to families - helping them to make a home while avoiding unecessary debt.
We are currently looking for a volunteer sales and administration assistant with the following:
- Friendly, understanding personality, and enjoy talking to people face to face and on the phone;
- Some computer skills including basic use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook (email);
- Co-operate with other staff and volunteers, and have a postive attitude;
- A good working knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Reliable and on time.
A typical day might include:
- Taking phone calls and answering emails from people wishing to donate furniture and entering the details onto a database;
- Registering new Homestore customers by a face-to-face discussion about their needs;
- Providing sales assistance to customers during their visit to Homestore by confidently talking about price and scheduling deliveries;
- Processing customer purchases on a database and taking payments by cash and card.
4 - 14 hours per week (1/2 to 2 days, Monday - Friday), for a minimum of 3 months.
QSA pays reasonable travel costs from your home to Homestore, and up to £6 for lunch per full day.
If you have further questions about this role please contact us.