We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic digital development officer to provide additional capacity and expertise in order to build QSA’s digital reach and impact.
- Location: Home working and office-based in Bethnal Green, London
- Responsible to: Communications manager
- Salary: £29,704
- Hours: This is a full time post of 36 hours per week
- Closing date: Monday 6 December
About the role
We are seeking a creative and enthusiastic digital development officer to provide additional capacity and expertise in order to build QSA’s digital reach and impact. Joining our fundraising and communications team, the role will cover a range of areas, including content creation, analytics, social media, and digital marketing. You’ll combine your technical digital expertise with creative marketing techniques, embracing new opportunities and ways to improve and develop our digital services and communications.
From the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, like many organisations, we were obliged to consider how to adapt our services so that they could still reach people in the context of social distancing requirements. Part of the answer has been to make more of our support available online – for example, we:
- Put more information and resources on our website – for example about organising a funeral during the pandemic, money management, and mental well-being
- Moved services and training from in-person to online delivery, enabling us to reach people over a wider geographical area
- Helped service users who do not have computers to interact with us face-to-face using apps on their smartphones
- Incorporated digital skills into our financial wellbeing courses; and delivered a small ‘devices and data’ project in one area of east London
However, we recognise that we have much further to go in our digital development in order to reach more people, maximise impact, and capture feedback so as to evaluate the effectiveness of our online services – whilst all the time being very mindful of not excluding people who struggle online due to lack of skills, devices or data. Our existing communications and IT supports colleagues who are already working at full capacity, so we need a new specialist member of staff to progress this work.
The fundraising and communications team is a small, highly effective team which works closely together and collaborates with the other teams across QSA. A typical day in this role is likely to involve meeting with QSA’s various project managers about their work and developing creative approaches to sharing digital content across various platforms. You’ll be monitoring and supporting the management of our website and social media channels, ensuring they are up to date and regularly refreshed, whilst planning ambitious long-term digital projects, in line with QSA’s mission.
This is a role – and an organisation – that will suit someone who is looking for a close-knit working environment, who has an inner resilience, who understands the need to be flexible and sometimes all-hands-on-deck and is ambitious to work as part of a team with a reputation for delivering work of the very highest standard.