We are seeking a passionate community development officer to help realise the vision of the Pimlico partnership group.
- Location: Pimlico, London
- Responsible to: Pimlico Million manager
- Salary: £12,848 - £16,864 dependent on hours agreed (FTE £28,909) - one year fixed term role with the opportunity of further extension
- Hours: 16 - 21 hours worked across 2 or 3 days a week
- Leave: Pro rata 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Closing date: The closing date has been extended to Tuesday 5th May 2020, 8am. Dependent the situation regarding coronavirus, this date may be moved again.
About the role
Based at the community premises, a short walk from Pimlico tube station, this is a flexible part-time role worked over two or three days a week. You will work alongside the project manager, focusing on outreach and communication across the local area to help residents find their voice, take ownership and reach their potential.
It is an excellent opportunity for a highly organised individual with an experience in working with communities in either a paid or voluntary capacity. You will be energetic and proactive, using your strong communication skills to engage and build a rapport with local people, supporting them to come up with great ideas for new initiatives that boost opportunities and improve social cohesion.
An ability to work independently is key, with experience of managing multiple and varied priorities. You will also have good digital skills and the necessary experience to take responsibility for all the communications output for the Pimlico Million, as well as maintaining all of the systems required to record the activities and successes of the work.